SOS MEDITERRANEE ricerca HR and administrative Operation Officer – Marsiglia
HR and administrative Operation Officer
(Search And Rescue – Central Mediterranean)
based in Marseille
SOS MEDITERRANEE is a civil European rescue association founded in 2015. Facing the humanitarian tragedy and the lack of adequate rescue capacity in the Mediterranean on the deadliest migratory route in the world, a group of European citizens created a maritime and humanitarian association in order to rescue the persons in distress at sea, to protect and assist them, as well as to testify about the realities and many faces of migration.
Today, SOS MEDITERRANEE is a network composed of four national associations (Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland) sharing the same mandate. Search and Rescue (SAR) operations have been carried out since February 2016 in the Central Mediterranean off the Libyan coasts with the ship Aquarius, and Ocean Viking, chartered by SOS MEDITERRANEE and operated in partnership with Médecins Sans Frontières. In 4 years of operations, the teams on board have been able to rescue and assist more than 30.000 persons. The operations cost around 5M€ per year and are financed more than 90% by private donations.
SOS MEDITERRANEE is recruiting asap an HR and administrative Officer for its Department of Operations. Based in Marseille (France) under the responsibility of SOS MEDITERRANEE’s support coordinator, the HR and administrative Officer will be in charge of supporting the setting, the follow up and to ensure the proper functioning of the Administrative and HR activities in a challenging, highly sensitive and quick evolving European environment.
Description of tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of SOS MEDITERRANEE’s support coordinator, the HR and administrative Officer is in charge of the proper functioning of the HR and administrative component in compliance with the procedures of SOS MEDITERRANEE Operations department.
The HR and administrative Officer is part of the on-shore operational team, with the Support Coordinator, Communication Manager, the SAR Manager, the Maritime Manager, the Deputy Director of Operations and the Director of Operations.
- Human Resources: He/She is supporting the activities related to administration of HR, supporting recruitment and management;
- Logistical support: He/She in charge of HR organization of movements;
- Administrative and Financial Support: He/She is in charge of administrative, financial and internal control implementation and participates to ensure compliance with relevant procedures
Human Resources management:
- Support the setting up of a more comprehensive HR system for crew on board together with Ops Team.
- Participates in recruiting and contracting the team on board and following up of the contract;
- Participates, in close collaboration with the Coordination team, in organising every port call and crew-change: In charge of transportation tickets, accommodation and all official immigration documents, and follow up of certification of staff for legal compliance with authorities;
- Supervises and guarantees the maintenance and supply of the Operations office in Marseille ;
- Support all logistic tasks, maintenance and repairs for the effective management of equipment, material, facilities under the supervision of the Support coordinator;
- In charge of organization of movement for Ops Team (ticket, accommodation, immigration )
Procurement and finance:
- Support procurement related activities, ensuring taxes compliance and proper documentation and filing of procurement process;
- Manages the daily accounting and financial follow-up of the operation department (book keeping, cash and payment management, advances and expenses claim management)
- Prepares documentation to provide the finance department with a monthly and accurate projection and follow-up of expenses under Ops responsibility and ensure the corresponding invoices and supporting documentation is available and correctly stored and classified
- Support the implementation and follow-up of the internal control and procurement procedures and management tools
- Organizes access to the different ports for the team and the visitors;
- Provides oral and writing reports at least on a monthly basis;
Other general activities upon request or need
- Provides logistics/ Admin/ HR coaching /briefing to the team on board and on shore;
- Support the SAR Manager in other HR task
- Participates to other assigned task
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Committed to the vision, mission and values of SOS MEDITERRANEE
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Sound teamwork experience
- Ability to work in an international structure with a strong civil mobilization and many volunteers
- Readiness to take responsibilities
- Excellent reporting ability
- Proficiency in IT
- At least 3 years of professional experience of which at least 1 years in humanitarian environment in support services
- Degree in Finance management or Accounting or other related field (HR, administration, logistic)
- Driving License B mandatory, driving license E an asset
- Knowledge of maritime environment and industry is an advantage
- Fluent in English and French, both verbally and in writing
- Fluency in Italian is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or German is an advantage
Terms of contract:
- Permanent and full time contract
- Starting as soon as possible
- Based in Marseille
- Regular evenings and week-end work
Annual gross salary: 27000 EUROS
Salary advantages: Ticket restaurant, French health complementary insurance. Five weeks of paid leaves and recovery for extra hours
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) in English no later than 21 of October via email to email@example.com and indicate “Application OPS HR and administrative Officer” as the subject of the email. Kindly note that no information will be given by telephone.