21 Set SOS MED ricerca nuovo Communication Officer dal 15 Ottobre
SOS MEDITERRANEE is looking for a communication officer onboard its rescue ship AQUARIUS in the Central Mediterranean
We are looking for a communication officer aboard our rescue ship AQUARIUS in the Central Mediterranean, starting on 15 October 2016 for at least six weeks (ideally longer).
SOS MEDITERRANEE is a civic, European organisation for the rescue of people in distress in the Mediterranean Sea. Since founding the organisation in May 2015, we have grown into a European network, working alongside our teams in France and Italy to establish a civic sea rescue. We have launched our rescue mission at the end of February in the territory between Lampedusa, Sicily and the Libyan coast. By the end of August we were able to save more than 3.500 lives and accommodated another 2.200.
About the role
- Function as primary contact person on board the Aquarius for the Italian, German and French Team on shore
- Produce social media contents and reports daily
- Collect interviews with the rescued individuals and crew aboard
- Coordinate press and media representation on board in coordination with our medical partner Doctors Without Borders
- Substantial experience in the field of humanitarian work (ideally experience in working with refugees and/ or other vulnerable populations)
- Familiar with ethical standards in humanitarian work (especially with regard to refugees)
- Social media experience
- Experience in the field of public relations and communications
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Fluent in English and French, other language skills such as German, Italian or Arabic are an advantage
- Ability to produce photo and video material on board
- You are empathic and able to adapt to the situations on board, and are willing to help out in cases of an emergency
- Work in a young and international team
- Support civil search and rescue operations at sea
- Freelance contract (38€/day)
- Covering travel expenses from/to Aquarius
- Covering costs on board
Apply for this role
Please send your application (including letter of motivation and CV) to Stefano Ferri: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 28 September 2016. We are looking forward to meeting you!
You can find the pdf version of this job advertisement here.